What is Quick Build
Quick Build is an event where teams come together on the afternoon of Kickoff day and build a working drive base in a matter of hours. It’s a great experience for all, but especially rookie teams and rookie team members. The afternoon is a great introduction to FIRST technology. Teams send members to four different sessions:
We will start in separate rooms and as each session is ready we will combine the various systems into a running robot by days end.
Who Can Attend
Any teams and team members may attend. Space is limited so sign up early. Preference will be given to rookie teams. Note: Quick Build works best if you bring enough students to attend each sub-team area (at least four). Please sign up below.
What to Bring
- Safety Goggles for each team member
- Everything you got at KOP pickup
- ¼” and 3/8” drive socket set
- Set of box/open end wrenches
- Good set of SAE and metric allen wrenches
- Regular and needle nose pliers
- Rubber Mallet
- Portable battery driven electric drill and driver bits
- Phillips and flat screwdrivers
- 3 screwdrivers
- common phillips (#2)
- regular to large straight (1/4″)
- extra small straight(3/32″ or 2.5mm)
- Wire cutter, stripper, crimper (The cheap combo ones will work. Or you can bring separate ones.
- Cordless drill with #2 driver bit, 1/4″ drill bit and a 3/16″ drill bit
- 7/16″ combination wrench
- 3/8 combination wrench
- 10mm combination wrench
- tape measure (Only 3′ is needed)
- Staple gun and hammer(optional)
- A laptop to load FRC Programming environment onto.
Veteran teams need to bring the following additional items.
- Classmate PC
- Charged robot battery
- c-rio with its modules, power supply and cables
- 2 motor controllers
- If you opted out of the Andy Mark drive base you will need to bring a base with wheels and gearboxes from a previous year.
Please RSVP here by Friday 12/18/2015.