The Up Next! Leadership Foundation (UNLF) affirms the vision of FIRST Robotics as stated below:
The vision of FIRST is “to transform our culture by creating a world where science and technology are celebrated and where young people dream of becoming science and technology leaders.”
Moreover, the UNLF exists to generate and provide resources for new and expanded science, technology, engineering, and mathematics educational and leadership opportunities for the benefit of homeschool students, teachers, and parents in the metropolitan Kansas City area.
UNLF affirms the mission of FIRST Robotics, as stated below:
FIRST’s mission is to inspire young people to be science and technology leaders by engaging them in exciting mentor-based programs that build science, engineering and technology skills, that inspire innovation, and that foster well-rounded life capabilities including self-confidence, communication, and leadership.
Specifically, the mission of the UNLF is to provide the opportunity for homeschool students to participate in Up Next! FIRST Robotics team 3528. New FIRST Robotics teams will be created and developed as appropriate to meet the growing needs of the homeschool community.
UNLF affirms the Core Values of FIRST Robotics:
- Gracious Professionalism
Additionally, the Core Values of UNLF are:
- Student Focus: We maintain our focus on the needs of the UNLF student team members and remain mindful that we exist for their benefit.
- Dedication:We are committed to the Vision, Mission, and Core Values of the UNLF. We willingly subjugate our personal interests to the best interest of the UNLF teams.
- Teamwork: We seek to help the UNLF team leaders to maximize the effectiveness of all of its student team members, and to fully utilize the strengths and capabilities of the students, mentors, sponsors, and parents.
- Respect: We respect one another and others; we value our differences and leverage our diversity for the mutual benefit of our team. We conduct ourselves with gracious professionalism and courtesy in our relationships with team members, mentors, parents, sponsors, and anytime we are representing the team and UNLF.
- Integrity: We cherish and protect our reputation for honesty, fairness, and ethical conduct. We refuse to compromise our integrity and we maintain our high personal standards of conduct in all circumstances.
- Excellence: We inspire UNLF team students, mentors, and coaches to be always growing, always improving our processes, our products, and ourselves. We, and the UNLF teams, always give our best effort, and inspire others to give their best effort. Excellence is a valuable characteristic, and is the culture of the UNLF.
- Hard Work: We realize that excellence does not come easy, and is attained through hard work. Coaches and mentors of UNLF teams inspire the student team members to set clear and challenging goals, and work hard to achieve these goals.
- Christian World View: We endeavor to integrate a faithful Christian World View into all that we do. Specifically, the UNLF students, coaches, mentors, and parents desire to conduct themselves with the Christian graces of mercy, care, and compassion throughout every level of learning, living, and service.